Classes meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m at the Round House in Byrd Park. There is also one Saturday morning hands-on pruning class.
Requirements for becoming a certified tree steward:
- Complete the course.
- Complete 20 volunteer hours working along with experienced stewards; 10 of these hours must be pruning projects. Think of this as on the job training.
- Complete a pruning exam which is given at a tree.
- Propose and complete one project. The project does not need to be a major undertaking! A simple project will suffice and we will help you every step of the way.
To maintain certification we request at least 10 volunteer hours and 5 education hours each year.
- December 2 – Application deadline.
- December 9 – Successful applicants will be notified.
- January 5 – Class fees are due. The fee for the 10 week course is $120. Information regarding payment will be sent to applicants who are accepted. Please do not send payment until you receive an acceptance e-mail.
Information regarding your application and the classes will come from firstname.lastname@example.org . Please add this e-mail to your safe senders list.